Friday, June 21, 2013

Research Articles

As I was researching some articles this morning I found that a large majority of studies that were comparable to ours in terms of the overall goal used aerial photography. These studies said that it was a costly yet accurate method. Other studies used the perspective tool in GIMP and photoshop but were unsure how accurate that method was.

After exploring some software I found that it may be more helpful (especially with the many that deal with 3D imaging) to take pictures of the streams first so we have objects in more than one dimension.

I did find one study that seemed like it would be a great resource for us to use in terms of methods and analyzing data. The link is below but I will read more about it and share anything that seems relevant.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/esp.2001/pdf

1 comment:

  1. I think we'll go back to the stream early this week, hopefully with a plan. Taking pictures for the 3D imaging in whatever manner we think is best, sounds like a good thing to do. We should also take a look at google earth and any other aerial/satellite imagery we can find, and try to evaluate it. I think we'll find we can do a lot better, but it would be good to figure out a way to quantify that.

    ReplyDelete