Thursday, June 20, 2013

New software

I was looking around on the internet for some software that might be relevent to our projectand found a program that specifically does photogrammetry. It's called Photomodeler and it is capable of taking a couple of images of a certain object, in my case a wooden chest, and putting together a 3D model from them. After working with the tutorial for a couple of hours I finally was able to put together the same 3D model as in the video. Given I had to restart the program numerous times in the beginning to get it working and I was only using the photos the demo provided, but nevertheless I succeeded in getting it to produce the correct 3D image.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on getting it to work! Figuring out software can be really hard/annoying.

    ReplyDelete